Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Speech Recognition - The Secret Productivity Tool

I am sitting at my desk dictating this article, I can evidently speak a lot faster than I can type and I am able to complete 400 or 500 words articles in less than half the time it would take me to type them.

In today's modern society sitting in front of the keyboard is essential part of every knowledge workers daily practices. Imagine being able to make in each interaction at the keyboard twice as effective. That is something
that I believe is absolutely achievable with the right speech recognition approach.

Clearly speech recognition does not fit every circumstance for instance if you work, or are in, at a noisy environment then it will make speech recognition a very hard task. even so, if like several folks you have a relatively quiet environment then this tool can revolutionize your daily productivity.

another Benefits Of Speech Recognition

Besides just the time saving benefit of speech recognition there are a lot of other benefits that can be reaped. Firstly it stops me multitasking. When I am writing an article in the traditional way using my keyboard I will often flip between my word processor and my e-mail, but when I am using speech recognition software I stay focused on the article.

Also I find it a lot easier to stay in the flow when I am dictating the words as contrary to typing them I don't must stop and go back and correct my poor typing.

The quality of speech software and the accuracy is very very good. Also the software learns as I use it, this means that the accuracy will go up over time and my productivity goes up accordingly. I find I must edit fewer and fewer words as the software learns my particular speech style and patterns. I do find even so that I have adjusted how I speak to the software to get the maximal results possible. I find speaking complete sentence is a lot much more effective than dictating a word or two here and there.

So, if you have not tried the latest and greatest speech recognition software I strongly urge you to give it a shot - you might be pleasantly surprised by the bump in productivity you get.

No comments: