Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Speech Recognition Software Limits Your Multitasking Options - A Think On It Article

Any modern day writer that applies voice recognition software can pump our novels like there is no tomorrow. Let me tell you this is a known fact. Indeed, this is a major time saver and efficiency leap, which can increase the ability to write by two-thirds. In other words rather than a maximum of 8,000 words today in a 12 hour sitting, 24,000 words; how do you suppose I came about these figures?

Over the last couple of years, I've used speech recognition about 15-20% of the time. Why do not I use it all the time? Well, if you are using voice recognition you must fully devote yourself to your writing, you cannot listen to music, watch TV, listen to an audio book, talk with friends or even use the phone without turning it off and on all the time. Voice recognition is great but it needs your dedicated time and silence from all other noises.


Thus, authoring eBooks, novels, non-fiction books, articles, poems with Speech Recognition limits your options for multitasking, which is something that we are all now trained to do in our modern technological society. nonetheless, I am not negative on voice recognition, I recommend it, I love my Dragon Speak, and I am able to write in one-third the time, but it does require my full attention.

Indeed, I can tell you this, if you have a deadline or prefer to write a full length novel in 2-3 weeks, you are able to get it done with voice recognition software, but you'll need to give it your full attention. Please think on it.

No comments: